Founded in 1892 by Nicholas and Ellen Mahony of Martin Mahony & Bros. Woollen Mills. It was occupied by the Sisters of Charity until 1990. Nothing remains except the Convent Hall which plays an important role for the Blarney community. The new convent is occupied by Missionary Sisters of Charity whose founder, Mother Teresa of Calcutta, visited in 1996.
Come along for a short walk that takes us to the start of the Martin Valley Trail and the old bridge.