St. Ann’s Hydro


St. Ann’s Hydro opened in Blarney in 1843 and was expanded over time to include Turkish Baths. At it’s height, the Hydro had 80 bedrooms and included many buildings spread out over the and many residential patients who came from far and wide seeking relief from a range of ailments. Some patients who died are buried in the Church of Ireland cemetery in Blarney. The Hydro remained open until 1952. The only remains of this sprawling complex is one residence, now a B&B – Maranatha Country House. Latitude/Longitude: 51.93113, -8.59904