Stop 8. Colthurst School


Colthurst School

In 1898 Sir George Colthurst, then owner of Blarney Castle, donated the site for the new village school. Built to accommodate 450 boys and girls from the village, it is now a co-ed primary school ‘Scoil Chroí Íosa’.

Come to our next stop and find out how the castle owners kept warm in church.