Originally appearing in late 1801 map as the ‘Gothic Bridge’, the present Romanesque arch bridge seems to have been constructed about 1870. Located at Inchancomain (Inch of the Winding River) Park, close to the G.A.A. ground. Highly ornamented with gothic “quatrefoil” it has been suggested that it was put there solely as a focal interest, for the gentry of the old Blarney Mansion, when they took a walk along the river bank.
Across the road is the children’s playground erected by the County Council with the involvement of the local community.
From here the final stop on our tour is just a short walk to the site of the last wolves in Ireland.